PHD Virtual Backup and Replication 5.3, earlier demonstrated at VMworld 2011 by PHD Virtual, is coming soon. According to PHD Virtual it will be offering even faster backup and restore of virtual machines and new technologies that offer more flexibility for disaster recovery of your virtual environment.
- New Job Processing Engine with I/O optimizations
- Up to 8 Concurrent Data Streams per VBA (Enterprise Edition)
- Virtual Machine Replication
- Virtual Machine Test Mode
- Mass Restore Virtual Machines
- Open Export of VM’s from Backup Storage to standard OVF
- Tape Friendly Backup Support
For more information have a look at the PHD5.3 Datasheet or watch the recently released demo video below.
- How sure is your backup? Tweet Everybody backups their environment, but how many do actually test if the backup can be restored? When you do, you know how time consuming this process is and even...
- Moving your Virtual Center SQL database – Beware! Tweet I ran into an issue with a vCenter database recently, where I couldn’t see historical performance data anymore in the past week-, month- and year-view. When investigating it, it...
- vSphere Client for iPad – Another step forward in mobile administration Tweet Today VMware announced the release of the vSphere Client for iPad. The first great thing is that you can download the vSphere Client for iPad from Apple’s iTunes Store...