The release of vCenter 5.1 added more components and therefore more certificates into the mix. Using CA signed certificates increase security, but the process of updating these certificates is currently very tedious and error prone.
VMware announced the general availability of vCenter Certificate Automation Tool 1.0. This tool provides an automated mechanism to replace certificates in the following components of the vCenter management platform:
- vCenter Server
- vCenter Single Sign On
- vCenter Inventory Service
- vSphere Web Client
- vCenter Log Browser
- vCenter Orchestrator (VCO)
- vSphere Update Manager (VUM)
The corresponding KB article can be found at: http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2041600
This tool is fully supported by VMware as well.
- Brocade Network Advisor Management Plug-in for VMware vCenter Tweet The storage network administrator drew my attention to the Brocade Network Advisor (BNA) Management Plug-in for VMware vCenter. Brocade Network Advisor Brocade Network Advisor provides a unified network management...
- VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat Tweet VMware just released the VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat product which was first publicly announced at VMworld Europe 2009. VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat is an addon which creates high availability...
- Restoring the default vCenter Server alarms Tweet I’ve been troubleshooting some vCenter alarms lately, which involved a lot of editing, removing and adding of alarms. After the troubleshooting I wanted to reset everything back to default...
- VMware vCenter Data Recovery Tweet When taking the VMware vCenter Data Recovery lab on VMworld Europe 2009 I was totally surprised about this new product. The product, which will be part of the new...
- vSphere Update Manager Network Connections Tweet Recently I was struggling getting vSphere Update Manager to work properly across firewalls. Information for the required firewall ports that need to be opened can be obtained from the...